Again, I'm not aware of any seitan steak products like these. Most seem to be made like crumbles or pieces. For this recipe, you could easily use West Soy seitan pieces. You could make your own seitan cutlets to achieve the same results in this recipe (and you would have leftover seitan for something else). Here is my seitan cutlet recipe.
Beefless Beef Stroganoff
* Prep Time: 10 minutes
* Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
- 1/2 can (4) multigrain cutlets, drained, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup vegan sour cream*
- 1 cup non-dairy milk*
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 package (8 oz.) ribbon noodles*
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Once boiling, add noodles and cook until slightly al dente (around 8-10 minutes).
- In a large frying pan, heat oil and saute onions and seitan until the seitan starts to brown.
- Add the mushrooms and sautee until soft.
- Combine the milk and cornstarch.
- Add half the green onions and cook until soft. Once soft, add sour cream and milk mixture.
- Season with paprika, salt, and pepper. Reduce to low heat and allow to simmer until thick.
- Add noodles directly from the boiling water to the stroganoff. Stir until completely coated.
- Garnish with the remaining green onions and serve.