Shaved Golden Beet & Mustard Green Salad
* Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
* Cook Time: n/a
- 3 small golden beets, shaved
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 1/2 bunch mustard greens, stem removed, chopped
- 1/3 cup yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds
- 1-2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Shave the golden beets and place in a large bowl. Add the lemon juice and let it soak the beets while you prepare the rest. This will soften the beets a bit.
- Add the mustard greens, onion, garlic, lemon zest, and almond to the beets. Mix.
- Add the dijon, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix the salad well.