* Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
* Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil or vegan butter*
- 1 cup buckwheat (kasha)
- 2 "egg replacers", follow box instructions*
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup bow-tie pasta, cooked
- In a deep skillet or large pot over medium heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil or butter and cook the onions and mushrooms until the onions are translucent.
- In a bowl, combine the egg replacer and kasha.
- Add the kasha mixture to the skillet and cook until the kasha starts to toast or brown further.
- Next, add the vegetable stock, salt, pepper, and bring to a boil. Let the kasha cook covered until tender.
- Add in the cooked bow-tie pasta and the remaining olive oil or butter. Combine well.