Ginger, Carrot, Beet, & Sweet Potato Soup
* Prep Time: 15 minutes
* Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1 large beet (diced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 of a medium onion (chopped)
- 3-4 large carrots (diced)
- 2-3 small sweet potatoes, diced
- 1/3rd small ginger root (minced)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 4 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2-1 teaspoon ground ginger
- dash of onion powder
- dash of garlic salt
- dash of all-purpose seasoning
- dash of oregano
- dash of dried dill weed
- Add olive oil and all the spices to medium pot. Add chopped onions and sautee until translucent.
- While onions are cooking, peel the beet, carrots, and sweet potatoes. Dice all.
- As the onions begin to cook, add the garlic and ginger root to the pot.
- Add the carrots, cook for 5 minutes.
- Put the beets and sweet potatoes in and the vegetable stock. Simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- When done cooking, put in a blender to make a puree. Serve hot.
* Note: I did not throughly puree. I wanted a few chunks of vegetables in there.
This is a great cold weather soup. The combination of ingredients doesn't make it too earthy (as beets tend to taste in soups), but hearty instead.