Thai Marinated Mushroom Lettuce Wraps
|Instagram Photo (User: veganmiss)|
* Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced*
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 dried lemongrass stalk, cut into pieces*
- 2 dried kaffir lime leaves*
- 1/2 tsp garlic chili sauce
- 1/2 tbsp peanut oil
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp chili oil
- 1 tbsp sugar*
- 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce*
- 1/2 tsp dried Thai basil*
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 medium white onion, sliced
- bib lettuce leaves
- green onions, sliced, to top (optional)
- In a bowl, combine everything but the lettuce, carrots, and onion. Let marinate for at least half an hour up to 1 hour.
- In a frying pan, spoon out some of the marinade liquid and fry the carrots over medium heat until tender. Add the mushroom marinated mixture and cook down until almost all liquid is gone.
- Pour the frying pan contents into a bowl with the onions and mix well.
- Take a piece of bib lettuce and spoon 1 tbsp of the mushroom mixture into the center. Top with green onions if desired.