Crisp Artichoke & Caper Haricot Verts
* Prep Time: 10 minutes
* Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- 1/2 lb haricot verts
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium white onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 1/2 tsp lemon spice mix (optional)*
- salt and pepper, to taste
- vegan Parmesan, to top (optional)*
- Prepare an ice bath in a large bowl. Swirl haricot verts in ice bath for a few minutes then add to pot of boiling salted water. Boil haricot verts in salted water until crisp tender, about 2-3 minutes. Remove and place back into ice bath. After a few minutes, remove and pat dry.
- Heat frying pan with olive oil over medium heat. Cook the onions and as they become translucent, add the garlic.
- Next, add the artichokes, capers, lemon juice, and pine nuts. Cook for another few minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper, and lemon spice mix (if using). Top dish with vegan Parmesan if desired.