Grilled Mushroom, Onion, & Spinach Truffle Oil Flatbread Pizza
* Prep Time: 1 hour
* Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
* Ingredients (for flatbread dough):
- 1 tsp sugar*
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup bread flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- flour, for dusting
- 8 (or more) cippolini onions, sliced
- 2 cups mushroom assortment (shiitake, button, cremini), sliced
- 2 cup fresh spinach
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 tbsp olive oil, for sauteing
- salt and pepper, to taste
- truffle oil, to top, drizzled
- Follow package instructions to activate yeast. You will use the sugar and part of the warm water in this step (1/4 cup water). Set aside for 10 minutes.
- While yeast is activating, combine the flours and salt in a mixer or bowl. Mix well.
- Add the olive oil, warm water, and yeast. Combine until dough climbs the bread hook.
- Leave in bowl covered for 45 minutes to 1 hour to let dough rise. Once risen, punch it so it collapses.
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions. Once onions start to become translucent, add the mushrooms, salt, and pepper.
- As the mushrooms begin to cook, add the spinach and basil (if using).
- Once the leaves have wilted, turn off pan and set aside.
- Heat a grill frying pan over medium heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Dust a counter and your hands with flour. Roll out the dough on the counter and cut into four pieces.
- Roll out one piece of dough until a long flatbread shape is made.
- Place on grill pan and cook until grill marks begin to appear. Flip and cook the other side.
- Top flatbread with pizza topping and drizzle sparingly with truffle oil (a little goes a long way).
- Repeat steps 6-8 with another piece of dough.
This recipe will give you about half the dough leftover. I drizzled some olive oil in a freezer ziplock bag, dusted the dough, rolled the dough in the olive oil within the bag, and froze the leftover. If you want 4 pizzas, just double the topping recipe or you could cut the dough recipe in half as well.
Cherry Tomato Salad with Buttermilk Basil Dressing
* Prep Time: 20 minutes
* Cook Time: n/a
- 3 cups cherry tomato assortment, halved
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk*
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp vegan sour cream*
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the milk and vinegar in a bowl and place in fridge for 10 minutes. This will let the milk curdle.
- While the milk mixture is in the fridge, let the uncut red onion soak in an ice water bath. This will give the onion less of an abrasive taste when in the salad.
- Combine the tomatoes, basil, onion, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add the sour cream to the milk mixture and beat until all lumps are out. Combine with the tomato salad.