Mango & Lychee Tofu Stir-Fry
* Prep Time: 15 minutes
* Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 package (12 oz.) firm tofu, triangular cut
- sesame oil, for cooking, to taste
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1/3 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1/3 cup red and yellow bell peppers, sliced
- 1/4 cup baby corn
- 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 can (14 oz.) mango pieces
- 4 lychee (from can), sliced*
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar*
- 1 tbsp vegetarian fish sauce*
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp lychee juice (from can)
- 1 tsp mango juice (from can)
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt, to taste
- fresh parsley, to top
- green onion, sliced, to top
- Before starting the recipe, prepare all the vegetables so they are ready to go in the wok when needed.
- In a wok, fry the tofu on both sides until golden in some sesame oil. Set aside.
- Add more oil and fry the onions until translucent. Add the rest of the veggies in order of what takes longest to cook (i.e. carrots first) and salt and cook until tender. Toss in the tofu.
- In a bowl, mix the liquid ingredients for the sauce. Add to the vegetables and cook until reduced in half.
- Top with parsley and sliced green onion and serve with rice.