* Prep Time: 20 minutes
* Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 package (8 oz.) firm tofu, pressed and drained, mashed*
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup carrot, finely diced
- 1/3 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup green cabbage, shredded
- 1 small green pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts, finely diced
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil + more for frying
- salt and pepper, to taste
- lumpia wrappers*
- sweet and sour sauce, to taste, to dip*
- In a deep fryer or a large deep frying pan, add the vegetable oil and bring to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the lumpia wrappers and sweet and sour sauce.
- Separate the lumpia wrappers (be careful, they are very thin) and add 2 tbsp or so of the mixture into the center of the wrapper creating a line form across the wrapper.
- Fold over the two right and left sides of the wrapper onto the filling. Roll the lumpia wrapper like a rug from bottom to top. Use water to seal the end of the wrapper to the roll.
- Fry the lumpia until golden brown on all sides.
- Serve with sweet and sour sauce.
This is a good picture instruction guide for rolling lumpia.