* Prep Time: 10 minutes
* Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- 1 package of Gardein chick'n scallopini, thawed*
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp parsley flakes
- 1 tsp paprika
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 3 egg replacements, preparing according to package instructions*
- Combine the breadcrumbs and spices onto a plate. In a small bowl, beat the egg replacements until frothy and clumps are gone.
- In a frying pan, add vegetable oil and bring to medium heat.
- Smash out the chick'n patties as much as you can without tearing them (the idea behind schnitzel is that it is thin patties).
- Coat the patties in flour, then in egg replacement thoroughly, then cover in breadcrumbs.
- Fry both sides until golden.
- Serve with ketchup or hummus and a side of french fries or mashed potatoes.