* Prep Time: 6 hours to overnight
* Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup farro*
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 small buttercup squash, skin removed, cubed
- 2 tbsp olive oil, more to taste
- 1/4 medium white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar, more to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp marjoram
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Let the farro soak for at least 6-8 hours to overnight. I did this per box directions. Follow whatever your farro box or bag tells you.
- In a small pot, cook the cubed buttercup squash in 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- While squash is cooking, prepare farro according to box directions to cook. It should end up tender like rice.
- In a small skillet, heat remaining olive oil over medium heat and cook onions and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent.
- In a big bowl, combine all the ingredients. Add more olive oil and vinegar if need be until the taste turns out as you like it.