Originally, I was going to use tangerines in this recipe, but I couldn't find any when I went to the store. I settled with tangelos, but feel free to switch to tangerines or oranges.
Tangelo Oil-Free Vinaigrette Salad
* Prep Time: 10 minutes
* Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 2 tangelos
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp agave nectar*
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- spring mix greens
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup fennel, shaved
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped, toasted
- Over low to medium heat, toast the chopped walnuts.
- While the walnuts are toasting, make the rest of the salad. In a bowl, squeeze the juice of one tangelo. Add the apple cider vinegar, agave, and dijon, Mix well.
- Peel the other tangelo and separate into pieces.
- In a salad bowl, combine the greens, fennel, walnuts, tangelo pieces, and salt and pepper. Top with the oil-free vinaigrette.
Every year, I make an organic balcony garden. I usually get quite a lot of good stuff. Here is some progress pictures.
So far, I have planted: potatoes, radishes, carrots, bunching onions, chives, parsley, thyme, oregano, cilantro, leeks, chili peppers, roma tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, arugula, radicchio, basil, broccoli, beans, and sprouts. I'm excited to see the results over the next few months! And people said you can't get a little dirty in an urban high rise. ;]