This was a request from my friend, Pam. It turned out pretty good! I've never had real egg salad (never ever liked eggs before I was vegan), so I don't have much to compare it to. But, I'd say it's awesome!
- 3 tbsp onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tbsp dill relish
- 3 tbsp stone ground mustard
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp agave nectar*
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 package medium grade tofu (14 oz.), pressed and drained, mashed*
- 3/4th jar vegan mayonnaise*
- In a bowl, mash the tofu well.
- Add the onion,celery, parsley, and dried dill to the tofu. Mix well.
- Next, add the dill relish, mustard, lemon juice, agave, salt, and pepper. Combine well.
- Lastly, add the mayonnaise. Combine well.
Once you combine all the ingredients, if you feel the salad needs a little bit more of one of the ingredients, feel free to add more.