Sunday, January 30, 2011

Eggless Egg Salad

This was a request from my friend, Pam. It turned out pretty good! I've never had real egg salad (never ever liked eggs before I was vegan), so I don't have much to compare it to. But, I'd say it's awesome! 

Eggless Egg Salad



* Prep Time: 10 minutes
* Ingredients:  
  • 3  tbsp onion, chopped
  • 2 stalks celery, chopped
  • 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
  • 3 tbsp dill relish
  • 3 tbsp stone ground mustard
  • 2 tbsp + 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 1 tsp agave nectar*
  • 1/2 tsp dried dill
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1 package medium grade tofu (14 oz.), pressed and drained, mashed*
  • 3/4th jar vegan mayonnaise*

* Recipe:
 

  1. In a bowl, mash the tofu well.
  2. Add the onion,celery, parsley, and dried dill to the tofu. Mix well.
  3. Next, add the dill relish, mustard, lemon juice, agave, salt, and pepper. Combine well.
  4. Lastly, add the mayonnaise. Combine well.
* Note: Agave nectar is a natural sweetener that is used to replace honey. You should be able to find it at your grocery store with the jams and honey. I used medium tofu in this recipe. If you wish, one could try this recipe with soft (not silken) tofu. Let me know how it turns out! I am not sure if it would be too "runny" which is why I opted for medium. For vegan mayonnaise, I prefer Vegenaise


Once you combine all the ingredients, if you feel the salad needs a little bit more of one of the ingredients, feel free to add more.

No comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing