* Prep Time: 5 minutes
* Cook Time: 5-10 minutes
- 2 tbsp soy butter, melted*
- 1/2 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 package of small toasts (around 6-10)
- 1/2 package vegan shrimp (around 6-10 shrimp)*
- In a medium frying pan, fry the shrimp according to package instructions - about 5-10 minutes.
- Combine soy butter and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl.
- Top the toasts with the mixture, followed by the shrimps.
- 1 cup vegan crab meat, crumbled*
- 1 tbsp soy butter*
- 1 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can of condensed pea soup*
- 1 can soup water
- 1 cup chopped lobster and oyster mushrooms, dehydrated
- 1 cup mushroom water
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium pot, boil the lobster and oyster mushrooms. Allow them to dehydrate completely.
- While the mushrooms are on the stove, put the pea soup and soup water on in another medium pot. Stir well.
- Meanwhile, in a medium frying pan, add the butter and allow it to melt. Next, put in the crab meat, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper. Combine well.
- When you are done dehydrating the mushrooms, chop them into small pieces. Add them to the crab mixture and combine well.
- Next, add the crab mushroom mixture to the pea soup, followed by a cup of the mushroom water. Let cook for another 5 minutes. Serve.
These are the first few pages of the book. So great! Also to note, I used the lobster and oyster mushrooms in the crab bisque because of their seafoody taste. I wanted to add a little more ommph to the recipe. The original recipe did not call for the mushrooms or the cayenne, otherwise it is the same. As for the shrimp canapes, I choose to fry the vegan shrimp rather than to boil them to give them a little more taste. The original recipe called for just cooked shrimp.