As promised, here is a recipe for a yummy salad. I also have some soy feta that I want to make a Greek salad out of, so be on the lookout for that too. In the next few days, I will be posting my St. Patrick's Day recipes.
Pear, Walnut, & Soy Bleu Cheese Salad w/ Pear Vinaigrette
* Cook Time: n/a
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/4-1/3 cup white onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 medium pear, sliced or chopped
- 1/3 cup soy bleu cheese, chopped into squares*
- 1/4 cup pear nectar, or more/less to taste
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar, or more/less to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Combine the arugula, onion, walnuts, pear, and soy bleu cheese together. Place in two salad bowls.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the pear nectar, white wine vinegar, salt, and pepper. Mix. While mixing, pour olive oil into the dressing. Feel free to add more pear nectar or vinegar, to taste.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salads. Enjoy!