Mac and Beer Cheese Soup
* Prep Time: 10 minutes
* Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp soy butter*
- 1/3 small white onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 1/2 large stalk celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1/4 cup vegan bacon, chopped*
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/3-1/2 cup lager*
- 1 1/3 cup elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk (+ 1/3 cup almond milk)*
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, mixed with the 1/3 cup almond milk until lumps gone
- 1 10 oz. roll of vegan melting cheddar cheese*
- vegan Parmesan, to top, optional*
- In a large pot on medium heat, let the butter melt. Add the onions and cook until they become translucent.
- Next, add the carrots, celery, garlic, broccoli, bacon, salt, and pepper. Cook until the become soft.
- Add the vegetable broth, beer, macaroni, milk, and flour mixture; stir. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Lastly, add the cheese and mix well. Simmer on low for five minutes. Top with vegan Parmesan if desired.