Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Vegan Rome

Calling all you Audrey Hepburn fans out there: Il Margutta Ristorarte is located just next to the apartment of Gregory Peck in the film "Roman Holiday"-- the green charming little yard. When he carried the princess in a taxi, he said to the driver "Via Margutta 51"!

Happy Cow for Rome.

Rome... I ate at Il Margutta Ristorarte twice because it was just that good. It still is the best vegan restaurant I have ever been to. And classy! It is a high scale place as well as an art gallery. My mother was bitterly complaining about not having "real Italian" food while in Rome and she promised we would try at least one vegan/vegetarian restaurant and cafe while we were there. It was my quest to try one place in each city I went to in Europe that summer. After much protest (and several nights of me eating cheeseless salads and pasta with marinara), I convinced her to try this place. She liked it so much she wanted to go again the next night! Figures.

They have seasonal menu's. For the summer menu, I had the "vegan menu" sample. I also had the Chef's Salad & the warm bean and pasta potage with courgette flowers and
basil garnish. Seriously... Heaven in your mouth.

No comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing