Thursday, September 29, 2011

Grilled Romaine with Chick'n and Homemade Caesar Dressing

Again, this was inspired by my new grill pan. I made this dressing a while back for my Dishes Men Like posts (which I should really make another 1950's vegan dish, right?!). It is really, really good! I did change what type of mayonnaise I used, though. I have been trying the new Earth Balance vegan mayo while that original Caesar dressing recipe was made with Vegenaise. If you haven't noticed, I'm a huge fan of Gardein. These chick'n strips are pretty good. One could have opted to grill one of their scallopini's and slice it too.
 Grilled Romaine with Chick'n and Homemade Caesar Dressing

* Prep Time: 5 minutes
* Cook Time: 10 minutes
* Ingredients:
  • 1 head romaine lettuce, washed, cut in half
  • 1/2 package Gardein chick'n strips
  • VM's Caesar dressing
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • vegan Parmesan, to taste*

* Recipe:
  1. In a grill pan on medium heat, cook Gardein and romaine. Toss the chick'n strips here and there to cook each side and flip the romaine after 5 minutes. Cook for a total of 10 minutes.
  2. Place romaine on a plate with chick'n strips. Top with dressing, salt, pepper, and vegan Parmesan.
* Note: For vegan Parmesan, I used Galaxy brand.


This recipe will make two servings or a large serving for one. Also, in the picture to the right of the recipe, there is quite a bit of Gardein. I only used half a head of romaine when I made this and then decided that with that much chick'n, it would be best with a full head.

No comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing