Spinach, Basil Pesto, & Ricotta Lasagna
|Instagram Photo (User: veganmiss)|
* Cook Time: 1 hour
- 1 box whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 1/2 container (5 oz.) fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil pesto*
- 1 tub (16 oz.) vegan ricotta cheese*
- 1/3 cup vegan Parmesan*
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, minced
- 1/2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh nutmeg
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 jar Italian herb tomato sauce
- 1/2 - 1 cup vegan mozzarella shreds*
- Preheat 350 degrees.
- In a big pot of boiling water, add a pinch of salt and drizzle of olive oil and cook 4 sheets of lasagna noodles at a time.
- Combine the spinach, pesto, ricotta cheese, Parmesan, oregano, thyme, salt, nutmeg, and pepper in a bowl.
- Spread a layer of tomato sauce in a baking dish. Add a layer of noodles, tomato sauce, and ricotta mixture. Repeat layering this way and finish the top with just a layer of noodles and tomato sauce. Bake for 35 minutes uncovered.
- Add the mozzarella shreds to the top of lasagna and bake for another 10 minutes.