Beer Braised Brussel Sprouts & Greens
|Instagram Photo (User: veganmiss)|
* Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1 cup brussel sprouts, ends trimmed, cut in half
- 1 cup greens, packed*
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce*
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke*
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup beer*
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the oil and onions. Cook until they start to become translucent.
- Add the brussel sprouts. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the start to become tender. Add in the greens and garlic. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook until the liquid reduces almost all the way or until the brussel sprouts can be pierced with a fork.