Chick'n Scallopini with Wild Mushroom Risotto
* Prep Time: 15 minutes
* Cook Time: 45 minutes
* Ingredients (for risotto):
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 5 oz. bags dried wild mushrooms, dehydrated, sliced
- 1 cube vegetable bouillon, follow directions
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 small yellow onion, chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 cup basil, chiffonade
- salt and pepper, to taste
- vegan Parmesan, to taste*
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 Gardein chick'n scallopini patties*
- 1/2 small yellow onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup pinot grigio white wine*
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, stems removed
- 2 tbsp Daiya mozzarella, split between scallopini*
- 1/2 medium lemon, juiced
- basil, chopped, to top
* Recipe (for risotto):
- Dehydrate the wild mushrooms in boiling water until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms and slice, reserving water to make broth.
- With mushroom water, add the cube of bouillon and the amount of remaining water needed for two cups. Bring to boil.
- In a skillet, add 2 tbsp of olive oil and sautee onions with salt until translucent and soft.
- Add remaining oil and cook the garlic and mushrooms, about 5 minutes.
- Next, add the rice, parsley, rosemary, basil, vegan Parmesan, remaining salt, and pepper. Sautee until rice starts to brown, stirring constantly. Add a ladle full of broth at a time, stirring until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Repeat the process until all the broth has been used.
- Add oil to skillet and caramelize onions.
- Next, add garlic, thyme, and scallopini. Cook through until scallopini is golden brown. Add wine to deglaze.
- As wine is cooking down, add lemon juice. Allow the sauce to cook.
- Remove scallopini and slice in thin strips.
- Top with sauteed onions, wine reduction, Daiya, and bake to melt cheese at 200 degrees.
- Remove and place atop risotto.
- Sprinkle basil over dish.