Vegan Retro Salmon Mousse Mold
* Prep Time: 30 minutes
* Cook Time: several hours
- 3 tbsp agar flakes
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp white onion, minced
- 1 tbsp paprika
- Tabasco sauce, dash or two
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, minced
- 1 frozen vegan fish, thawed and seaweed skin removed
- 1 cup heavy soy whipping cream
- Mix cold water and agar flakes. Add hot water and combine well.
- Add in mayo, lemon juice, white onion, paprika, Tabasco, salt, and dill. Place in the fridge until other steps are complete.
- In a bowl, electric mix the heavy soy whipping cream until fluffy.
- In a blender, blend the vegan fish. If too dry, add some whipping cream and then blend.
- Take out mixture bowl from the fridge. Fold the whipping cream and vegan fish mixture into the other mixture with rest of ingredient. Combine well.
- In an oiled fish mold pan, pour the mixture in.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Once on a plate, decorate with crackers or cucumbers, olives, etc.