Monday, October 17, 2011

Herb Roasted Macadamia Nuts

Macadamia nuts are a great source of protein, calcium, and dietary fiber. I'm a huge fan. When I was in Hawaii, I had some roasted macadamia nuts with fresh herbs at 22 North restaurant. So good! This inspired me to make my own from my organic balcony garden. I didn't have fresh sage or oregano, otherwise I would have used it.

Herb Roasted Macadamia Nuts
* Prep Time: 10 minutes
* Cook Time: 30 minutes
* Ingredients:
  • 2 cups salted macadamia nuts*
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 1/2 tsp dried sage
  • 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
  • 1 1/2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
  • 1 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
  • 1 1/2 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
  • 1 1/2 tsp fresh basil, chopped
* Recipe:
  1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
  2. In a small baking pan, combine all ingredients with hands until mixed.
  3. Cook for about 30 minutes until the nuts have a nice brown.
  4. Serve hot. 
* Note: One could use unsalted and add their own salt level to the dish or not have it at all.
    This is a great quickie recipe and the fresh herbs bring out a lovely elegance. I would use this for finger food if company is coming over or an appetizer with drinks.

    No comments:

     
    template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing