Chinese Chick'n Salad
* Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
* Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- 1 package (7 oz.) chick'n strips*
- 1 small head lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup napa cabbage, chopped
- 2 large green onions, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced into sticks
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp shaved almonds
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 oz. saifun noodles*
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp sugar*
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 tbsp peanut oil, for frying
- Heat a medium pan to medium heat. Add half the peanut oil. Fry the chick'n strips until golden brown.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, cabbage, green onions, carrots, cilantro, shaved almonds, and sesame seeds. Mix.
- In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients: rice vinegar, sugar, white vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper.
- When chick'n is done cooking, add to the salad bowl. With the remaining peanut oil, fry the saifun noodles. They should only be in there a few seconds and immediately puff up when they hit the hot oil. Dry on paper towels to get rid of excess oil.
- Add the salad dressing to the salad mixture. Toss in the large bowl.
- On a large plate or bowl, lay the crispy saifun down, then top with the salad.