Chestnut Celery Root Soup
* Prep Time: 15 minutes
* Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 celery root, peeled, cut into 1" cubes
- 1/2 cup roasted chestnuts, shelled, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 leek, white parts, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk*
- 1/2 dry white wine*
- croutons, to top
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium temperature. Add the onion, leek, salt, and pepper. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Next, add the celery root, chestnuts, garlic, thyme, bay leaves, nutmeg, and tarragon. Cook until celery root is starting to become tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add in the vegetable stock and milk. Cook for another 30 minutes over low to medium heat or until celery root is completely tender.
- Add in the white wine. Cook for another 5 minutes or so.
- Puree the soup in batches. Serve with croutons and drizzled olive oil.