Spinach & Mushroom Fettuccine Alfredo
* Prep Time: 30 minutes
* Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 10 oz. each of dried porcini & dried chanterelle mushrooms, rehydrated, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk*
- 2-3 tbsp vegan butter*
- 1/2 lb. fettuccine pasta, cooked slightly under
- 1 cup spinach, cut chiffonade
- 7 oz. silken tofu
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/8 cup vegan Parmesan*
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Soak the mushrooms in the milk for 30 minutes. Strain the mushrooms and reserve the milk. Slice the mushrooms thin.
- Cook the pasta until slightly underdone. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- In a food processor, blend the tofu, milk, nutritional yeast flakes, and Parmesan.
- In a medium pan on medium heat, melt butter with salt. Saute mushrooms and garlic until tender.
- Add the spinach and basil to the pan until they are wilted.
- Next, add the tofu mixture, parsley, and pasta water to the pan. Cook low until it starts to thicken.
- Toss with fettuccine noodles.
- Serve with cheezy garlic bread.