Chick'n Parmesan Sandwich
* Prep Time: 10 minutes
* Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 Gardein Chick'n Scallopini*
- 4 Ener-G egg replacers (follow box instructions)*
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs*
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp vegan Parmesan*
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 6 1/4" slices vegan mozzarella
- 4 slices Italian bread, toasted
- Place 2 tbsp of olive oil in a medium skillet. Turn on medium heat.
- In a bowl, mixed the egg replacer ingredients together. Whisk until lumps are gone.
- In another bowl, put the Italian bread crumbs and 2 tbsp vegan Parmesan. Mix well.
- Dip the chick'n patties in the egg replacer making sure it is thoroughly covered. Dip into the Italian bread crumbs and cover completely. Repeat this process one more time.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the breaded chick'n in the hot skillet and fry both sides until golden.
- While the chick'n is frying, in yet another bowl combine the crushed tomatoes, oregano, rosemary, basil, thyme, black pepper, sea salt, remaining vegan Parmesan and garlic slices. Mix well.
- At the bottom of a small Pyrex pan, add the remaining olive oil. Spread about 3 tbsp spoons of your tomato sauce over the top of the olive oil.
- Place the chick'n patties in the pan, top with the remaining tomato sauce.
- Finally, place the vegan mozzarella on the very top of the pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- When done baking, serving as a sandwich with the Italian bread.