Blueberry Muffins with Streusel Topping
* Prep Time: 10 minutes
* Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
* Ingredients (for batter):
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup turbinado sugar*
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil*
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk*
- 1 "egg", made via box instructions*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp vegan butter*
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients for the batter. In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until clumps are gone. The batter should be less thick than cookie dough, but less runny than cupcake batter.
- Add the blueberries and gently stir being careful not to destroy the blueberries.
- In another small bowl, combine the streusel ingredients.
- Line a cupcake tray with liners or spray with non-stick. Add about 3/4th of the way full with batter in each hole.
- Top each muffin with streusel topping.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of a muffin.