Not everyone goes to see their family on Thanksgiving. As such, below is a list of places one could go to on Thanksgiving in Chicago.
- The annual vegan Thanksgiving dinner (29th!) is going on at the Chicago Diner. Time slots are 12, 2, 4, and 6 p.m. Seats get taken fast, so make sure you make a reservation soon if you plan on going. They also do a carry-out version of the dinner (starting at $10.99) which you can pick up the day before or on Thanksgiving.
- Northdown Taproom and Cafe is doing a Thanksgiving dinner gone vegan. For more information about their dishes that night, please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Native Foods in Wicker Park is having a Thanksgiving dinner from 1-7 p.m. The dinner is $24.99 and includes lots of yummy options. Call to make reservations. Additionally, you can pick up their Native Wellington to-go instead.
- Karyn's Raw has a Thanksgiving dinner to-go option for $50. Order in advance.
- Karyn's Cooked also is doing a Thanksgiving dinner to-go for $40. Order in advance as well.
- Whole Foods offers a vegan holiday roast and sides to-go.
- Of course, there is the original Tofurky Roast. There are several varieties including the roast, the roast with gravy, and the savory giblet gravy. You can usually find the Tofurky holiday products at health food stores around this time.
- Gardein has their Savory Stuffed Turk'y readily available at most Whole Foods for the holidays.
- Field Roast Grain Meat, Co. has their Celebration Roast which is around normally at Whole Foods and similar places.
|Photo Credit: Jovan J.|
Have a Happy Tofurky Day! Be kind to all animals, big and small. :D