Organic Banana Carob Dog Vegan Cupcakes
* Prep Time: 20 minutes
* Cook Time: 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
* Ingredients (for organic banana carob cupcakes):
- 2 cups of water
- 2 ripe oganic bananas
- 1/8 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 3 cups organic whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 to 2 tsp organic baking powder
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup unsweetened organic applesauce
- 2 tbs organic agave nectar
- 1/2 cup organic carob powder
- 3 oz. organic vegan cream cheese*
- 1 1/2 tsp organic cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp organic agave nectar (or more to taste)
- 3 oz. organic vegan cream cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp organic carob powder
- 1/4 tsp organic agave nectar
* Recipe (for cupcakes):
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine water, bananas, vanilla, applesauce, and agave nectar. Add in whole wheat flour, carob powder, and baking powder.
- Either put cupcake papers in a mini cupcake tray or spray it down with non-stick.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Combine the ingredients and blend thoroughly.
- Frost once cupcakes are cool.
These are also a perfect low-cal/low-fat recipe for humans! What a way to bond with your pooch by sharing mini cupcakes. :)
For dog treats of any kind, they should contain no chocolate, salt, and sugar. Instead, use a natural sweetener such as agave nectar.
For Valentine's Day this year, I made a very special craft project gift for my boyfriend. It is a tea-stained, hand embroidered cookbook with ten of my favorite recipes. There is also a homemade mini record bowl and "love coupons".